German's Chocolate Cake
For 2 baking molds á 23cm diameter or a baking dish, 24 x 32cm
160 g pecans | Roughly hacked (16 beautiful pecan halves for the deco)
150 g of whole milk chocolate | roughly hacked
100 ml of boiling water
210 g of flour
50 g strength
1 Tl soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
¾ Tl salt
3 eggs, isolated
200 g butter | soft
275 g sugar
250 ml buttermilk
Some salt and vinegar for the protein bowl
50 g sugar for the protein
Ingredients | Filling or topping
200 g cream
50ml of milk
3 egg yolk | The egg whites can be freezed in a Ziplock bag
200 g muscovado sugar | bright
100 g soft butter
200 g coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C or preheat top / bottom heat. Lay out a baking tray with baking paper. Place the chopped pecan nuts on the baking paper and lightly froze for 7-9 minutes. To the side do for cooling.
2. Either a 24 x 32cm baking dish (here the biscuit takes longer to cool for cooling) or two 23cm bakeware easily.
3. Place the boiling water in a measuring mug with chocolate and stir with the whisk until it is dissolved. Add the cocoa and stir until there are no lumps anymore. Allow everything to cool now.
4. Mix the flour, starch, soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Remove a bowl with vinegar and salt for the egg whites - do not rinse! Disconnect the eggs and give the egg white directly into the prepared bowl.
6. Beat the butter and sugar cream with the hand mixer. Add egg yolks and beat another 2 minutes. Mix chocolate and buttermilk with each other and mix under the butter-sugar egg yolk mixture. Mix the flour mixture with a rubber prayer gently until the dough comes together.
7. Beat protein until it is stiff. Add the sugar until the end. Stir a third of the proteins into the dough to loosen it, then fold in the remaining protein.
8. Distribute the dough evenly to the prepared bakeware. Bake the round bake forms for 27-29 minutes. Bake the rectangular baking mold 38 to 40 minutes.
9. While the floors bake, prepare the filling: in a pot of cream, milk, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla extract with the whisk. About medium heat the mass almost for cooking heating. Heat about 5 minutes while stirring for about 5 minutes until the mass oversces the spoonback. Do not let cook!
10. Remove from the flame, stir in the butter with the whisk until the mass is smooth. Add chopped pecan nuts and coconut. Add in a bowl and allow to cool. The whole thing is quite thick. The colder it gets, the stronger it gets.
11. Make the Gartest with a toothpick with the floors. Let rest for 10 minutes before removing them from the baking dish and allow to cool on a grid.
12. Assemble the pie.
For the round bakeware: the bulges of the biscuit surfaces straightened so that the individual layers are flat. Split the filling evenly between the soils and thus build the pie. Decorate with 16 whole pecans.
For the rectangular pie: simply distribute the topping evenly on the biscuit and send out with the pecans.
Recipes from Cynthia's backbuchBaking - I Love Baking| Photo © Maja Smend